The dedicated members of the Focus on Families team have locations at Abate, Cataract, and Niagara Street Elementary Schools, Niagara Falls High School, and the Doris W. Jones Family Resource Center. They help families with everything from providing essentials such as food and furniture, to educating them on parenting skills.
Focus on Familiesis in its 12th year of operation. There is a network of resource centers across New York State. Some of the services Focus on Families provides are:
• Child-parent activities.
• Learning and social opportunities for children, parents and caregivers.
• Parenting education in supportive peer groups or home visits.
• Informationand linkage to services in the community.
• Programs promoting family health.
• Opportunities for parent leadership andadvocacy
The main telephone number for Focus on Families is 286-0745.