Miss a Sunday Webinar or want to re-watch one?
October 2017 Webinars
Below are the recordings of the Sunday Night Webinars for the month of October. Please note that they have been Close Captioned. If you would like to turn on the Close Captioning, start the video and then click on the "CC" at the bottom right of the picture. We are working to make our web presence compliant with the American Disabilities Act. If you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know.
Webinar guest panelist Rick Carella, school district Administrator for Curriculum and Instruction, discusses district goals and initiatives for 2017-2018 school year.
Topics covered in this Webinar:
- Technique for converting former NYLearns class webpages to Blackboard (Teacher Webpages)
- Source for free unrestricted clipart images
- Flipboard references and resources
- Managing a class blog on Blackboard
- Attaching video sources to a class blog
- Microsoft "Hack The Classroom" event
Webinar Topics discussed:
- How to create a Symbaloo for a class webpage.
- NFCSD Mobile App for iPhone and Android
- Halloween resources from the SMART Exchange
- Kahoot Halloween Quizzes
- SAMR PowerPoint
- Chrome browser Extension
Webinar Topics Discussed:
Karen Waugaman, Director of The Niagara Falls Teacher Resource Center on the Sunday Night Webinar, discusses obtaining credit for PD hours and salary increments.
Gene discusses the "Informal Professional Development" page and what can be found there on Tech Resources for Teachers
Gene reviews the September/October Flipboard articles available for teachers on his website.