In considering what I want to accomplish as your Superintendent, I sat thoughtfully with the Strategic Goals of the District. Owing to the excellent work done been my predecessors, I believe we are now in a position to more fully implement the spirit of those goals. I would like to share my vision with the community, so you know what to expect of me, and how you can help.
Strategic Goal #1
To exceed and continuously improve learner outcomes against academic standards.
To address this goal, I have identified the following priorities:
· Create a Leadership Academy for Instructional and Non-Instructional Individuals, includes Associates
· Study the “Changing Face of Children,” “Who are our Students” reduce suspensions – PD around teaching in poverty – Demographic study
· Actively recruit minority teachers, administrators, and staff
Expanded Learning Opportunities:
· Elementary, school-based Extended Learning Program – Grade 1, 2, and 3
· Add two, 3-year old classes a year (locally funded or grant funded)
· Study the enrichment/accelerated program at Abate
· Add modified sports: soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and intramurals (Prep level)
· Strengthen and expand our Partnership with NCCC, including the Culinary Institute.
· Continue to develop STEM partnerships leading to more STEAM (Prep School)
· Initiate the English Model to follow Math Model for Accuplacer testing with NCCC.
Expand Student Support Services:
· Develop an afterschool booster program Grades 1-6 in each school
· Use the survey results to bring about socio/emotional change – Mental Health Services: Suicide/pregnancy prevention.
· Study transition grades – include credit/course recovery – Prep School PRIDE
Working together, I know we will have a great academic year. There is much to do; I look forward to working with you.