In considering what I want to accomplish as your Superintendent, I sat thoughtfully with the Strategic Goals of the District. Owing to the excellent work done been my predecessors, I believe we are now in a position to more fully implement the spirit of those goals. I would like to share my vision with the community, so you know what to expect of me, and how you can help.
To exceed and continuously improve learner outcomes against academic standards.
To address this goal, I have identified the following priorities:
· Create a Leadership Academy for Instructional and Non-Instructional Individuals, includes Associates
· Study the “Changing Face of Children,” “Who are our Students” reduce suspensions – PD around teaching in poverty – Demographic study
· Actively recruit minority teachers, administrators, and staff
Expanded Learning Opportunities:
· Elementary, school-based Extended Learning Program – Grade 1, 2, and 3
· Add two, 3-year old classes a year (locally funded or grant funded)
· Study the enrichment/accelerated program at Abate
· Add modified sports: soccer, wrestling, lacrosse and intramurals (Prep level)
· Strengthen and expand our Partnership with NCCC, including the Culinary Institute.
· Continue to develop STEM partnerships leading to more STEAM (Prep School)
· Initiate the English Model to follow Math Model for Accuplacer testing with NCCC.
Expand Student Support Services:
· Develop an afterschool booster program Grades 1-6 in each school
· Use the survey results to bring about socio/emotional change – Mental Health Services: Suicide/pregnancy prevention.
· Study transition grades – include credit/course recovery – Prep School PRIDE
Working together, I know we will have a great academic year. There is much to do; I look forward to working with you.