Kindergarten through sixth grade: (Pre- K is optional).
Student Appearance Code
The Niagara Falls school community believes that the students’ appearance should at all times be appropriate for school and school functions. The student’s individual dress and appearance is primarily the responsibility of the student and his/her parents.
• Headgear should not be worn in the building or classroom except for a medical or religious purpose.
• Footwear must be worn at all times. Certain footwear that poses a hazard will not be allowed.
(Examples include Flip Flops, Shower Shoes and Sandals without a strap on the back of the foot. These types of footwear are not permitted in school).
• Extremely brief garments such as tub tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps and plunging necklines are not appropriate and may not be worn.
• All fashions should be no more than three inches above the top of the knee when the student is in a standing position.
• All articles which advertise, display or represent items depicting such themes as alcoholic beverages, tobacco, items with abusive, suggestive, controversial or gang-related themes or colors are prohibited.
• All underwear must be completely covered with outer clothing and all apparel should be fastened appropriately and worn as designed.
• During the school day, all coats, hats, jackets, scarves, backpacks, gym bags, Walkman, iPods, MP3 players, radios, cellular telephones, beepers and other electronic equipment of any kind are to be kept in lockers and deactivated. (Within the discretion of school administrators students may be permitted to carry drawstring single pocket and/or mesh bags).
• Any other mode of dress or personal appearance not covered by the above, which is dangerous, disruptive, distracting and/or disturbing to the progress of the education program or activity, is prohibited.