Return to Headlines



STEM Lab construction is funded through a $66.7 million capital project called “Inventing Tomorrow,” which results in no increase to the local tax levy, owing to the relative poverty of the community. (State reimbursement rate 88%, plus 10% “bonus” for poverty rate = 98%. The remaining 2%, local share, is being paid for with EXCEL funds). Many other District projects are part of Inventing Tomorrow.