Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematic
STEM is a partnership between the Niagara Falls City School District and Niagara University's College of Education, Institute of Applied Learning.
The Futures in STEM initiative involves six NFCSD schools and will service a cohort of 200 teachers by providing professional development to our schools and the non-public schools within the school districts limits.
The goal of STEM is to increase academic achievement in Science and Mathematics by enhancing the subject matter, content knowledge and teaching skills of classroom teachers through the integration of appropriate technology.
* Embedded Professional Development
* Technology integration in each grade level
* Science Instructional Coaches service teachers in participating schools * Inquiry centered interdisciplinary focus (Pre-K to grade 12)
* Cross curricular connections in STEM subjects
* Collaboration with professionals in mathematics, sciences, and engineering
* Student exposure to STEM related career pathways
* Development of a more rigorous MST curricula
Links to third party sites: the links in this area will let you leave the district site. The linked sites are not under the control of the district and the district is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to said sites. The district is providing the links to you only in convenience and the inclusion of any links does not imply endorsement of the site by the district.