- Office Number: (716) 286-7927
- Fax Number: (716) 286-0749
- Room 220
- Office Hours 8:15am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
- CEEB Code: 334170
Northland Workforce Training Center Tour
Tuesday, December 12, 2018
Students will tour the Northlans WTC and learn more about the post-high school workforce training program.
Permission slips are due to the Counseling Center no later than Tuesday, December 4, 2018. Stop by and grab one!
BOCES Shadow Day
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Students will have the opportunity to shadow two programs at the BOCES facility. Permission slips are due to the Counseling Center no later than Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Stop by and pick your permission slip up today!
FAFSA HELP AT NFHS
NCCC staff to assist in the College & Career Center - January 2019 TBD
Every student at NFHS is assigned to a school counselor. Ninth grade students are split into teams and each student reports to the counselor for that team. While 10th - 12th grade students are assigned counselors by the student last name. Early College students have their own counselor. Please see below for your child's counselor assignment.
When a student is having issues in school or at home, their school counselor can meet with them in order to identify the issue and develop a plan to resolve it. Students are welcomed and encouraged to see their school counselor on a regular basis.
- Help student learn about themselves and their relationship with others
- Assist student in planning their school program
- Provide information about colleges and careers
- Provide individual counseling to students and refer to outside agencies and/or professionals when necessary
- Conference with parents, teachers, and administrators regarding students' behaviors, attendance, and academic progress
The Career Center staff is available to assist students with college applications, scholarships, college visits and military visits.
To reach the Career Center please call (716) 258-8500 extension 41222 or click the following link to email the staff: