PRESCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION
REFERRAL PROCESS FOR PARENTS
- If you have concerns regarding your child’s development, discuss them with your child’s classroom teacher.
- If your child in not in a preschool program, or if you remain concerned after speaking with the teacher, write a letter to the Committee on Preschool Special Education requesting an evaluation for your child.
- Parent letter should include: Parent’s name, child’s name, address, phone number, request for evaluation, specific concern about child’s development.
- You will be sent a consent form, which you must sign the consent for testing and select an evaluation agency, and return to the Committee on Preschool Special Education.
- Upon receipt of your consent, an evaluation agency will be contacted by the Committee on Preschool Special Education. The agency will then contact you to arrange for an evaluation for your child.
- When all of your child’s evaluations are completed, the Committee on Preschool Special Education will schedule a meeting to review the information. At this time, the Committee will discuss your child’s results with you and determine if your child is eligible for special education services.